How to connect Autotask to your HighGround Account
- Technical Drilldown
- Compliance Manager
- Cyber Trend Data
- Pro Services
- Cyber KPI's
- Sign Up & Sign In
STEP 1: Login to Autotask
STEP 2: Generate API Credentials
This guide helps with creating an API account in Autotask and Integrating it to HighGround.
Go to Admin → Resources (Users) in the menu stack on the top left-hand side:
Now click the dropdown and choose New API User:
Fill in the following information in the pop-out:
- First Name: HighGround
- Last Name: API
- Email: your email address or an appropriate service address
- Security Level: Select API User (system)
- Primary Internal Location: Choose any suitable
- Leave other defaults
- Click the Generate buttons to get both Username (Key) and Password (Secret)
- Save both values as they are needed later to insert in the HighGround integration window.
API Tracking Identifier section:
- Select Custom (Internal Integration) and save the Tracking Identifier
- Insert “HighGround” into Internal Integration Name
Click Save & Close at the top of the pop-out and go to Step 3.
STEP 3: Choose your Zone
Autotask has multiple zones depending on the instance you have.
For example, the following instance:
Will be associated with the Pre-release API URL:
It depends on the number at the end of the first part of the URL of your instance.
Please choose the appropriate API URL and save it, as you will need it in HighGround.
STEP 4: Integrate to HighGround
Login to HighGround and open Integrations menu:
Find Autotask and click Connect:
Fill out the pop-out with the data from Step 2 and 3:
- Server Type: Cloud/Hosted
- Api Domain Url: API URL from Step 3
- API Key: Tracking Identifier from Step 2
- Secret Key: Generated Password (Secret) from Step 2
- Username: Generated Username (Key) from Step 2
Congratulations, now AutotaskPSA is integrated into your HighGround Account!